As you can see, I am loving the results of watercoloring cut images! I was happy with the results of my first card, so I wanted to make another. This time, I used a little bit more detailed flourish from Shery’s set (thank you so much for these free designs, Shery!). I cut several on a 140 lb cold press watercolor paper using my Cricut/SCAL setup (very similar to Silhouette). Since the paper is thick, I did the cutting twice (I probably should do it three times, because some parts are still not cut all the way through):
Then I watercolored one (for me, this is so much easier than watercoloring a stamped/printed image):
Next, using Ally’s sketch, I made the watercolored piece the focal point of this card (the background of the front panel was spattered with dark pink watercolor, the sentiment was printed using BernhardFasD font):
While looking at the card, I was thinking that it would be more balanced if there was one more pink flower to the right, and that’s when I realized, I colored it wrong, uh-oh! It’s a good thing I cut several flourishes, I watercolored another, and glued it right on top of the first (I kind of like the first one more, though… but oh, well!), and the result is the card at the beginning of this post…yeah, I’m happy with this one, too!