I haven’t been able to post last week due to the kids’ crazy end-of-the-schoolyear schedules and one kid getting sick. So this week, I’m posting several projects to make up for the non-post, LOL.

First up is this classy pink and black gift bag. I really like this color combination, and although it doesn’t show very well, the white strip is embossed with swirlies. The paper flower is made from 15 1-inch punched circles, arranged in 3 circular layers with 5 circles per layer. I wanted to lighten the color of the petals for added interest, so I bleached some parts of the flower. Yes, that’s right, bleach, LOL!  I dipped a paint brush in liquid bleach, then stroked on the areas I wanted to highlight.

This second colorful bag uses a paper carnation. The how-to link for this paper flower was shared by Shelly/catladyof5 on the PCCrafter message board. She used these instructions from Lynn Larson of Learn to Stamp and Scrap. Thank you, Lynn for the fabulous idea and instructions!

Here are two more:  instructions for the yellow paper rose can be found here – big thank you to Maria of Imagine, Create, Inspire! Thank you also to Nancy/Nanc on the PcCrafter message board for sharing the link! For the pink rose, I followed the instructions by Helen Croft of Scrap a Little – another big thank you!

Hmmm, I can see you’re getting impatient, LOL,  how did I make these bags? These were done using my trusty ol’ Cricut with SCAL2, but you can also use the trusty ol’ scissors. For those with a Cricut/SCAL2 (or MTC), trace the images below to produce the cutting files.

For those using scissors or who like to do some digital decorating, here are the templates:

You can see from the side view shots of the gift bags that I just used a purchased white lunch bag with the top cut off. It is really the easiest way to do, although you can also glue/tape a long strip of paper in between the two bag pieces.

Whew! This is one long post! I will be posting the entire instructions tomorrow (with pics and everything), but I’m betting that a lot of you can pretty much figure out what I did already, LOL!

Related Posts

Tags: , , ,

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 at 11:57 am and is filed under General, Projects. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

29 comments so far

1.  Raven
May 26th, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Gem…another great project. It is amazing how changing the color of the cardstock makes each bag and flower so unique.

2.  Annie
May 26th, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Gem, a great post! I love the flowers you made, and the color combinations of your bags. Thanks for the patterns, directions and links.

3.  JulieM
May 27th, 2010 at 10:17 am

Gem my crafty girlfriend these are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the files. I have not been able to make anything new lately for my blog, but working on it.

4.  Rosalee
May 27th, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Gem, they are great thanks for sharing.

5.  Lora
May 27th, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I just love this and can’t wait to get some bags

6.  Annie
June 3rd, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I love the bag, and also all the color combinations. Thanks for the directions too!

7.  DeeDee( ddsdoubles)
June 4th, 2010 at 5:37 pm

wow I love this…thanks so much for sharing the template…

8.  Pumpy
June 5th, 2010 at 2:44 am

Lucky for me I stumbled onto you Gem, love these bags and all the combinations you showed us. Thanks.

9.  kinderdoodle
June 17th, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Thanks for sharing this cute template and where to find how to make the flowers to embellish it.

10.  cathy
June 20th, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Very cute. You are so good at combining colors and designs. What a gift!

11.  Lenore
August 26th, 2010 at 10:48 am

Hi Gem ~ I was just browsing your site.
When I saw your froggie card and your offer for the graphic, I sai yippie!!!!!! I have a little grandson who loves frogs and ice cream with sprinkles!
Can you please email me the colored version of the frog graphic, please?

12.  bruno
March 4th, 2011 at 6:06 am

thats cool its so easy and perfect

13.  Gayle
July 4th, 2011 at 2:25 am

Ooh these are really stunning. Thank you for sharing, good for kiddies parties

14.  Jamie B
August 4th, 2012 at 10:12 am

I LOVE your gift bags. Thank you so much for sharing the template for them! I hope it’s okay, I couldn’t resist featuring your cute gift bags in a paper crafts round-up I just finished. You can see it here:

15.  gc_admin
August 15th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Thank youfor the compliments, Jamie, and yes, it’s perfectly fine for you to post them in your blog! I checked out your blog, too, and your posts/ideas are neat! Will definitely visit again…

16.  Tanishka
July 11th, 2014 at 10:24 pm

It’s amazing and thank you gemscottage for providing me information thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

17.  deerfield beach cam
December 14th, 2014 at 5:11 am

Article Source: Sidhu is a serial entrepreneur and founding partner at the world’s first
small business network, connecting customers, suppliers
and service providers; all who have an interest in accelerating the growth of their business.
No matter how much we dislike it still taxes are the fact of life.
‘ I think he must have been thinking of Andrew when he said it.

my website deerfield beach cam

18.  mens designer clothing
January 20th, 2015 at 9:46 am

It’s difficult to find knowledgeable people in this particular topic, however,
you sound like you know what you’re talking about!
Thanks

19.  Home decorating ideas
November 2nd, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this subject for a long time and yours is the greatest I have came upon so far.
However, what in regards to the conclusion?
Are you sure about the supply?

20.  Alberta
November 16th, 2015 at 7:08 pm

There are lots оf &#1211igh qսa&#8572іtу ϲomρɑni&#6513ѕ
&#7457&#1211օ wi&#8572&#8572 ߋffеr ʏօս
&#7457ɦаt yоu neеd.
Οn th&#6513 оthеr hand, Ƅeіng օverաеіɡ&#1211t օr &#6489nderwеіցɦt can іmpаct Һօгmօna&#8572
Ƅalɑnc&#6513 ɑnd ϲa&#6489sе іrгeǥ&#6489laгіtʏ, ɑnd іn ѕօme ϲɑѕеѕ &#11427ге&#7456еnt mеnstг&#6489atiοn аll tߋց&#6513tҺeг.
Τhe &#11427uгροѕе οf tɦіѕ ѕ&#1211ɑқе іѕ tߋ Ԁгіnk іt 4 tіmes &#1088ег Ԁaʏ іn-bеtԝееn mеa&#8572ѕ and
t&#11423 ρrο&#7456іɗ&#6513 mісгο nutгіentѕ &#8572οst ԁսring Ԁі&#6513ting.
&#11422tɦ&#6513г Ԁ&#11423ct&#11423гѕ
&#8574isaρpгօѵе tɦе ɦ – CG dіеt Ьеcaսѕe of aѕѕ&#11423cіated
ɦealth гіsκѕ &#7457Һіс&#1211 tɦеy a&#8572lеɡ&#6513 іnc&#8572uɗе bl&#11423od с&#8572οtѕ, Ԁе&#11427г&#6513ѕѕіοn, Һeaɗɑchеѕ,
ɑnd brеɑѕt
tendегneѕs and еnlɑгɡеmеnt.
A &#8572օt оf &#1088е&#11423рlе &#8574ο not &#8574гіnk s&#6489ffісiеnt
&#7457ateг іn thе fіrѕt &#1088lɑϲe, Ьut іt іѕ m&#6489c&#1211 mߋге іm&#11427еrаtіvе to &#8574гіnk watег ԁ&#6489гіng t&#1211е
Ηcg &#7457еіցҺt &#8572օѕѕ &#1088lɑn.

Μy sіtе …
աeіց&#1211t lοss &#11427гօǥгammе
(Alberta)

21.  Bernard
January 11th, 2016 at 9:22 am

Can the knowledge of mathematics help a gambler
to win. In fact, a great many goal-based writings are geared towards improving businesses at the bottom line in terms of increased
efficiency, increased productivity, etc. Ben dreams about being an athletic coach and his
rather solitary, sedentary life makes him feel weak and angry.

22.  Shawn Govindeisami
February 25th, 2016 at 9:11 am

Somos una empresa que repara electrodomésticos en Madrid conformada por un equipo de técnicos. Contamos con más de 15 años de experiencia en la reparacion de toda clase de electrodomésticos, ofrecemos a nuestros clientes atención inmediata como servicio técnico de electrodomésticos BALAY en Carabanchel. Nuestro servicio técnico BALAY Carabanchel, está compuesto por un equipo de técnicos especializados en la reparación de la BALAY, además de reparar todas las BALAY.

23.  cs go skins paypal
March 31st, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Love the site– very user pleasant and whole lots to see!|

24.  www.Reparaciondeelectrodomesticosvillaverde.com.es
April 6th, 2016 at 9:07 am

Ey! estuve observando asi como unas 5 horas en
las webs hoy y no pude ver nada tan genial como tu escrito.
Me ha entretenido mucho el modo que gastas al escribir supongo que es lo
que me ha llegado. Personalmente, si la mayor parte de los propietarios de webs proponen esta calidad en los contenidos, Internet seria mucho mas practico.

Espero que vayas por esta linea y siga leyendo articulos espectaculares
como este.

25.  nba 2k16 mt glitch december
April 6th, 2016 at 6:22 pm

You’ve one of the best online sites.|

26.  furtdso linopv
April 28th, 2016 at 5:13 am

I like this web site so much, saved to fav.

27.  pintores madrid baratos
June 9th, 2016 at 10:38 am

Ey! he estado revolviendo las ultimas unas 3 horas en la nube esta manyana y no he llegado a
ver nada tan fantastico como tu articulo. Me ha entretenido mucho el estilo que gastas al escribir creo que es lo que me ha llegado.
A mi manera de ver esto, si todos redactores exponen este tipo de comentarios,
Internet seria mucho mas practico. Espero que sigas de esta manera y siga viendo articulos tan geniales como este.

28.  Marwa
August 2nd, 2016 at 11:06 pm

wow I love this…thanks so much for sharing the template

29.  blouses
March 2nd, 2017 at 9:08 am

What’s up, I want to subscribe for this website to take hottest
updates, thus where can i do it please help.

One Trackback/Ping

1. Gem's Cottage Blog » Blog Archive » Three in a Row    Aug 07 2011 / 11am:

[…] project this time, here is another entry for the DTGD Challenge.  The template can be found here and the instructions are here. The beautifully embossed cream paper is from The Paper Company, […]